THE PAYPAL HACK-ATL COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS (“Terms”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS COMPETITION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
EACH WINNER/WINNING TEAM MEMBER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
EACH WINNER/ WINNING TEAM MEMBER MUST BE PRESENT AT THE TIME OF WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE DELCARED THE WINNER AND RECEIVE THE PRIZE WON.
BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- COMPETITION PERIOD: The PayPal Hack-ATL Competition (“Competition”) is sponsored by PayPal, Inc. (“PayPal” or “Sponsor”), begins at 7:00:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 12, 2018, and ends at 11:30:00 a.m. ET on October 13, 2018 (the “Competition Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open only to legal residents of any one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and who, as of the start of the Competition Period, are: (i) at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of primary residence, and (ii) enrolled full-time at a college or university (including two year programs) in the Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan area (as determined in PayPal’s sole discretion). Corporate entities are not eligible and have no right to claim any prize won by their employees. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, representatives, and agents of the Sponsor, its parents, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies or promotional partners associated with this Competition, and relatives of and those living in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize. For the purpose of this Competition, relatives are defined as spouse, domestic partner, parent, legal guardian, legal ward, in-law, grandparent, sibling, children and grandchildren. This Competition is void in all U.S. territories (including Puerto Rico), possessions and overseas military installations and where prohibited by law. All members of a Participant team must meet all eligibility requirements or the Participant’s team will be disqualified.
HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Competition, you must complete the following steps:
- Sign Up for Yello: Prior to the start of the Competition and no later than 12:00AM ET on October 4, 2018, each individual must sign up for an account on Yello (https://paypal.recsolu.com/events/41). Providing your GitHub and LinkedIn account information and resume is optional, but if you would like to be considered for an internship or recent college graduate position at PayPal, this information is required.
- Sign up for GitHub: Prior to the start of the Competition, at least 1 individual must sign up for an account on GitHub (https://github.com/) if they do not already have an account. GitHub is a third party site for which PayPal is not responsible. When you access/use the GitHub site, your access/use is subject to the GitHub Terms of Service and Privacy Statement (collectively, “GitHub Terms”). If participating as a team, at least individual must open a GitHub account.
- Register for Hack Event (defined below): Prior to the start of the Competition and no later than 12:00m ET on October 4, 2018, Eligible individuals or teams of eligible individuals (see Section 2 below for eligibility requirements) may register by visiting the DevPost site and following all links and instructions to complete registration (including providing all required information). You may register as an individual or a team of up to five (5) members (each individual participant or team participant, a “Participant”). All members of the team must meet the eligibility requirements set forth above. Only 100 individuals may participate in this Competition regardless of whether they are participating as an individual or team, i.e., there will be fewer than 100 teams. Any given individual may only participate in the Competition one time, whether as an individual or part of a team.
- Participate in the Competition. Registered Participants may participate in the Competition by attending the PayPal Hack-ATL event located at 3340 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA that begins at the start of the Competition Period and ends at 5:00 p.m. PT on October 13, 2018 (“Hack Event”). At the Hack Event, Participants must: (1), develop a solution on the themes of College Funding, Technical Literacy, Financial Management, and Accessibility using PayPal/Braintree open source (optional) and their own GitHub account environment to code, including development of a prototype (“Application”) and creation of a two-minute video explaining the solution (participants should keep in mind the Judging Categories (defined and set forth below) when developing their Application); (2) submit the Application and video to the judges before the end of the Competition Period via DevPost; (3) present to the judges at the Hack Event a two-minute pitch presentation, including an original minimum prototype of a product of your Application and/or actual implementation. All materials created during this step (Application, video, presentation) are collectively, the “Entry”. All Entries must comply with the Entry Requirements set forth below.
There is no limit on the number of Entries per Participant. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Competition. The Application and video must be received via DevPost during the Competition Period and the presentation must occur before the end of the Hack Event in accordance with the instructions in this section. For purposes of this Competition, an Entry is “received” when the Sponsors actually receive the entry information via DevPost. Proof of sending (such as, without limitation, a printed, saved or copied automated receipt confirming entry, a “thanks for entering” screen or message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Competition. Those who do not provide the required information in their entry form will be disqualified. All Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Attempts made by a participant to submit entries in excess of any limit or otherwise in violation of these Terms by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other web site or e-mail address, including, without limitation, commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Competition. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an entry, the entry will be declared to have been made by the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with a DevPost account, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria, otherwise the entry may be disqualified and any potential prize won will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. A registered account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the registered account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL ENTRY MATERIALS SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH PAYPAL HACK-ATL ARE SUBMITTED ON A NON-CONFIDENTIAL BASIS, SUBJECT TO OPEN-SOURCE LICENSING AND MAY BE USED BY PAYPAL, ITS AGENTS AND SUBSIDIARIES, AS DESCRIBED IN SECTION 10 BELOW.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Entry must meet all of the following requirements and otherwise comply with these Terms, as determined in PayPal’s sole discretion, or the Participant may be disqualified:
- Participation must comply with the applicable DevPost Terms and GitHub Terms.
- The Participant(s) must: (i) be the sole and exclusive owner of all rights (including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights) in and to all content and elements incorporated into or used in the Entry; or (ii) have the express written permission to use such content and elements from the owner(s) of the rights to such content and elements. Any entrant whose Entry includes content or elements not owned by the entrant must be able to provide written legal releases (in a form that is satisfactory to PayPal and the judges) that permit the entrant to use and exploit such content and elements in the manner used and exploited and that permit PayPal’s right to use and exploit the content and materials in accordance with these Terms before eligible to be declared a winner.
- Entry must not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any rights of any third party including, without limitation, copyright (including moral rights), trademark, trade secret, or right of privacy or publicity.
- Entry must be unpublished and not have been submitted in any other contest, promotion, competition, or challenge.
- Entry must not include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, threatening, trade libelous, slanderous, libelous, disparaging, unlawfully harassing, profane, obscene, pornographic, hateful, indecent, inappropriate or injurious to any individual, any Released Party, or any third party.
- Entry must not contain or describe any harmful or illegal activity or content or in any way violate any federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations.
- Entry must not include any malware, spyware, viruses or similar harmful code or content.
- Entry must not reflect negatively upon PayPal or another Released Party (defined below), the Competition, or any other person or entity.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify from the Competition and/or remove from displaying or publishing any Entry that, in its sole discretion, refers, depicts, or in any way reflects negatively upon a Released Party, the Competition, or any other person or entity or does not comply with these requirements or these Terms.
PayPal grants eligible Participants a limited, non-exclusive revocable license to use certain PayPal logos or intellectual property owned by PayPal, limited to what is provided or permitted by PayPal at the Hack Event, in the Application and description for purposes of PayPal Hack-ATL only. In the event an eligible Participant wishes to use this Application for any other purpose, he/she/they must follow standard procedures for using PayPal intellectual property (including logos).
- DETERMINATION OF WINNERS. All eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of expert judges (internal and external to PayPal) selected by PayPal in its sole discretion to select one (1) first place winner, one (1) second place winner, and one (1) third place winner, subject to verification. Judging will be based on the following criteria, based on a total of 60 points: (i) Quality of idea: Can you clearly state your idea and solve it? Includes the creativity and originality of the idea while leveraging the them ‘financial empowerment for all’ (10 points); (ii) Implementation: Includes how well the team presents and executes the idea (10 points); (iii) Creativity: Includes how original, out of the box the idea with regards to the execution of the user experience (10 points); (iv) Impact: Includes the sizeable disruption in the market (10 points); (v) Feasibility & Viability: Includes the practicality of the solution. Can this idea be implemented in the real world? How will users interact with & gain information from the application? (10 points); (vi) Wow Factor: Revolutionary & visionary. The concept is exciting and amazing! (10 points) (collectively, “Judging Categories”). In order to be eligible for a first, second or third prize, the Participant must get at least 1 point in all the above categories. Receiving a 0 in any one category will mean the Entry is not eligible to win first, second or third place. The top-scoring Entry will be declared a potential first place winner, the Entry with the second highest score will be declared the potential second place winner, and the Entry with the third highest score will be declared the potential third place winner (subject to verification and compliance with these Terms). In addition the first, second and third place winners, one (1) winner in each Judging Category will be selected to receive a “Judging Category Prize” based upon number of points received in that Judging Category (subject to verification and compliance with these Terms). In the event of a tie in the selection of any winner, the Entries involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate Entries according to the criteria listed above. Additional judges will be added until the tie is broken. The decision of judges is final and binding on all matters relating to PayPal Hack-ATL.
- Winner Notification. Sponsor or its designee will attempt to notify the potential winner that he or she may have won the prize in this Competition in person at the end of the Competition at approximately 4:30p.m. ET on October 13, 2018 (at Sponsor’s sole discretion). Participants (including all members any winning team) must be present at the Competition to win. Winners (including all members of a winning team) may be required to complete, sign, have notarized (if applicable) and return, without alteration and in the form presented by Sponsor, an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (unless prohibited by law) and tax forms, both of which may require the winner to provide his or her Social Security Number, within the time frame specified by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. In the event of noncompliance with these requirements, the prize may be forfeited. The affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release are subject to verification by Sponsor. If any prize, prize notification or Competition-related communication is rejected, faulty or returned as undeliverable, if the winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or if the potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sponsor or does not respond according to the notification’s or Sponsor’s instructions (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), that winner or potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be randomly selected; the Sponsor will not be obligated to pursue more than three (3) alternate winners for any reason, in which case some prizes may go unawarded. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential winner, if any.
- PRIZE: Subject to verification, the following prizes will be awarded in the Competition:
- One (1) first prize winner: $4,000 USD paid in the form of one or more payments to the winner’s PayPal or Venmo account (for teams: the prize will be divided evenly amongst the PayPal/Venmo accounts of up to five (5) team members) and one (1) two hundred dollar ($200) donation made in each winner’s name to a charity of the winning Participant’s choice (charity is subject to Sponsor approval). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of First Place Prize: $4,200.
- One (1) second prize winner: $3,000 USD paid in the form of one or more payments to the winner’s PayPal or Venmo account (for teams: the prize will be divided evenly amongst the PayPal/Venmo accounts of up to five (5) team members) and one (1) one hundred and seventy-five dollar ($175) donation made in each winner’s name to a charity of the winning Participant’s choice (charity is subject to Sponsor approval). ARV of Second Place Prize: $3,175.
- One (1) Third Place winner: $2,000 USD paid in the form of one or more payment to the winner’s PayPal or Venmo account (for teams: the prize will be divided evenly amongst the PayPal/Venmo accounts of up to five (5) team members) and one (1) one hundred and fifty dollar ($200) donation made in each winner’s name to a charity of the winning Participant’s choice (charity subject to Sponsor approval). ARV of Third Place Prize: $2,150.
- Each Judging Category Prize winner will receive one (1) one hundred dollar ($100) donation made in each winner’s name to a charity of the winning Participant’s choice (charity is subject to Sponsor approval). ARV of each Judging Category Prize: $100.
Total ARV of all prizes: $10,125. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize. Winners understand and agree that if a team is selected to receive a monetary prize, the prize amount will be divided equally amongst all team members (maximum of 5 team members). Winning team members will receive their share of the prize money as a payment to their respective PayPal or Venmo accounts. It is highly preferred that each winner have a U.S PayPal account or Venmo account in good standing to receive the prize, but alternate arrangements may be made at the winner’s request. In such case, additional time may be needed for delivery of the prize. With respect to the donation, only one charity per winning Participant (regardless of whether the winner is an individual or a team) may be selected to receive the donation. PayPal is not responsible for any dispute amongst team members regarding distribution of any prize. All prize details not specified in these Terms will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Terms or in any Competition-related correspondence or materials. If legitimately claimed, the prize will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prize or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the winner because of an incorrect or changed address or other contact information. If winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No transfers, prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the stated prize or portion thereof with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. No more than the stated prize will be awarded. Winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the prize.
- TAXES: All applicable taxes (as well as any expenses not specified in these Terms as being provided as part of the prize) are the sole responsibility of the prize recipient. Federal IRS 1099-MISC or other tax forms may be issued where required.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: EACH ENTRANT agreeS TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY PAYPAL, ITS divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, and the respective officers, directors, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, employees, representatives and agenTs of each (collectively “RELEASED PARTIES”) FOR ANY liability whatsoever for injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the use, acceptance, possession, MISUSE or awarding of THE prize, while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize- OR COMPETITION-related activity, including, without limitation, any injury, damage, death, loss, OR accident to person or property. EACH WINNER AGREES (AS BETWEEN WINNER AND THE RELEASED PARTIES) THAT THe PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, relative to the use or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, ITS quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS: “CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS: Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Released Party, the participant or by human error: (a) entries that are submitted by illegitimate means or in excess of the stated limit; (b) any lost, late, incomplete, forged, altered, illegible, mutilated, illegitimate, garbled, illegible, or misdirected participation, e-mail, mail, submissions, Competition-related correspondence or materials or postage-due mail, registration or entries (and any such entries will be void); (c) any error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in transmission or communication; (d) viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions, failures or unavailability of any kind; (e) errors, typos or misprints in these Terms, in any Competition-related advertisements or other materials; (f) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages; (g) if an entrant’s e-mail address, telephone, or other contact information does not work or is changed without entrant giving prior written notice to Sponsor; (h) any changes or unavailability of any Competition website or platform that may interfere with the Competition (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor's ability to use Dev Post, Yello or GitHub for the Competition as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor); or (i) ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor. Without limiting any other provision in these Terms, Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any participant or any person claiming through such participant for failure to supply an prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Competition activities or the Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by the PayPal in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, national, federal, state, provincial, territorial, or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
- PUBLICITY/GRANT OF RIGHTS. By entering the Competition (except where prohibited by law), each entrant grants PayPal and its successors, assigns and licensees (collectively, “Licensed Entities”), the irrevocable, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, publish, post or display his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, biographical information, any quotes attributable to him or her and any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in PayPal’s sole discretion) for advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes without further obligation or compensation of any kind to him or her, anywhere, in any medium now known or hereafter discovered or devised (including, without limitation, on the Internet), world-wide, without any limitation of time and without notice, review or approval and each entrant releases all Released Parties from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Terms obligates Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
By entering, except where prohibited by law, each participant grants to the Licensed Entities the irrevocable, perpetual, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, translate, separate, dub, adapt, publish, combine with other material, reuse, adapt, and exploit the content of and elements embodied in the Entries, and the Entries themselves, in any and all media, including but not limited to digital and electronic media, computer, audio and audiovisual media (whether now existing or hereafter devised), in any language, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation. Each participant agrees that the licensed entities may, but are not required to, attribute the Entry to a participant. Each participant waives and releases the Released Parties from any and all claims that participant may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on “moral rights” or “droit moral” or unfair competition with respect to the Released Parties’ exploitation of entries without further notification or compensation to participants of any kind, and agrees not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Released Parties and each of their affiliates, licensees, or any other person in connection with this Competition, on the grounds that any use of any entry, or any derivative works, infringe or violate any of participants rights (including MORAL RIGHTS) therein.
Each participant acknowledges and agrees that nothing in these Terms will require a Licensed Entity to use the Entry in part or in whole or to include the Entry in any Licensed Entity-related property, including, without limitation, any Licensed Entities’ web site or any other online or offline property. Each participant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the participant and any of the Released Parties is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the participant’s decision to submit his/her Entry for purposes of the Competition does not place any of the Released Parties in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entry, other than as set forth in these Terms. Each participant understands and acknowledges that Sponsor has wide access to ideas and other materials. Each participant also acknowledges that many ideas or stories may be competitive with, similar to, or identical to his/her Entry and/or each other in idea, format, or other respects. Each participant acknowledges and agrees that such participant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material that has or may come to Sponsor from other sources. Each participant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor does not now and will not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the participant’s copyright in and to his/her Entry. Each participant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by participant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Entry or other material submitted in connection with the Competition, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable participant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such participant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition, or other exploitation of any Sponsor property or production, and participant’s rights and remedies in any such event are strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
- ENFORCEMENT OF AND COMPLIANCE WITH TERMS: PayPal’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Competition, including interpretation of these Terms, determination of the recipients, and distribution of the prizes. All participants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by and comply with the Terms and the decisions and instructions of PayPal. Failure to comply with the Terms may result in disqualification from this PayPal’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Terms will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Competition-related materials and/or these Terms (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency in these Terms), it will be resolved in PayPal’s sole discretion. Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Competition or these Terms. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- CANCELLATION, MODIFICATION, SUSPENSION, DISQUALIFICATION EVENTS: In its sole discretion, PayPal reserves the right to: (a) void participation of any participant who PayPal believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Competition; (b) disqualify any participant at any time (even if disqualified winner or potential winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere), if PayPal determines at any time in its sole discretion that such participant is ineligible, in violation of the Terms, or engaging in behavior that PayPal deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (c) restrict or void online entries or participation from any IP address if any suspicious entry and/or participation is detected; (d) cancel, modify or suspend the Competition and distribute the prize in a manner deemed fair and appropriate by PayPal if the Competition is not capable of running as planned for any reason; (e) disqualify any participant that supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means or is otherwise determined to be in violation of the Terms in an attempt to obtain any prize (and in such case, that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law). Participants agree to not damage or cause interruption of the Competition and/or prevent others from participating in the Competition. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE COMPETITION MAY VIOLATE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, PAYPAL MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Disputes/Governing Law. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Competition, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the entrant and any Released Party, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, or the prize awarded, or the determination of the winner must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted or entitled to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed ten dollars ($10), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
This Competition and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the internal laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to its conflicts of law or choice of law principles or rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any legal actions, suits or proceedings related to this Competition (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be brought exclusively in the Delaware state or federal courts and each entrant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of these Delaware courts with respect to any legal actions, suits or proceedings arising out of or related to this Competition.
- WINNER’S LIST/TERMS. To find out who won, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: PayPal Hack- ATL Competition Winners, University Relations, 2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131. Requests must be received no later than three (3) months following the end of the Competition Period. For a copy of these Terms, print out these pages or send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: PayPal Hack-ATL Competition Terms, University Relations Team, 2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131, prior to the end of the Competition Period. Only one (1) request of either type per outer envelope, mailed separately, will be fulfilled. Vermont residents may omit return postage with Terms requests.
- THE SPONSOR OF THIS COMPETITION IS: PayPal Hack-ATL is PayPal, Inc., 2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131